The Mars Hydro TS Series is a new and impressive set of lights that help you to improve your indoor growing. Mars finally decided to bring out some quantum boards. Maybe, after realizing how popular these types of light are right now.
The TS Series look good and complete with full-spectrum light they offer you more than normal SMD lights. Your plants are encouraged to grow and develop while also being encouraged to bud, flower, and fruit. Your plants, therefore, have a better chance of being healthy.
With an energy saving of at least 30%, you won’t have to worry a lot about your energy bills. This is compared to a traditional LED grow light.
Different lights of the Mars Hydro TS Series
The Mars TS 1000 Quantum Board
The Mars TS 1000 Quantum Board comes with 150 watts of actual power and coverage of 3 x 3 foot (90 x 90 cm). With an impressive 2.1 – 2.35 umol/J these lights are very efficient.
The average yields are 1.5g/W, which us quite high so users should expect to have a larger number of crops compared to HPS lights.
The 1000 Quantum Board’s lifetime is twice as long as the old light beads on the market. This means your new board will be even better value for money.
With a high par and a high yield, the TS 1000 provides micro-mill value. Finally, as the TS 1000 have no fan there is zero noise making it even more of a pleasure to use.
The Mars TSW 2000 Quantum Board
The Mars TSW 2000 Quantum Board comes with 310 Watts of actual power and coverage of 4 x 4 foot (120 x 120 cm). With an impressive 2.1 – 2.35 umol/J the TSW 2000 is very efficient.
The average yields are 1.5g/W, which is quite high so users should expect to have a larger number of crops compared to HPS lights. Users can potentially save 50% when compared to HPS lights, as there will be no need to purchase bulbs or ballast.
There will also be no need for you to install an expensive exhaust system. This is because you should have very little or no heat issues.
As with the TS 1000, there is no fan, which means there’s also little noise. Here’s where the TS 1000 and TS 2000 differ:
- TS 1000 size: 14 x 13 x 1.3 inches (36 x 33 x 3.4 cm)
- TSW 2000 size: 21.2 x 19.6 x 3.7 inches (53.9 x 49.9 x 9.5 cm)
- TS 1000 weight 1.76 KG
- TS 2000 weight: 3.72 KG
- TS 1000 LEDs: 342 pcs
- TS 2000 LEDs: 684 pcs
- TS 1000 actual wattage: (+-5%): 150W/110v; 148W/220v
- TS 2000 actual wattage: (+-5%): 307.8W/110v; 300.2W/220v
Light spectrum mimics sunlight
The Mars Hydro TS Series comes with full-spectrum light. This is light that covers the whole electromagnetic spectrum. What this means is that your new TS Series light will have infrared to near ultraviolet light. In other words, it gives off all the wavelengths of light that plants and animal life consider being useful.
Sunlight is considered to be full-spectrum light even though there are changes in light during the day. Therefore, the Mars Hydro TS Series mimics sunlight so that all of your plants have a better chance of growing and blooming.
Lights that are not sold as ‘Full-spectrum’ lights are quite different, as they do not offer a full-spectrum of light. This means that your plants may not grow quite as well.
Grow lights ensure that your plants bloom all through the year while supporting their growth. Plants that receive more blue wavelengths have better vegetative development and growth. Plants that receive ideal amounts of red light are much more likely to bud, flower and fruit.
Power draw and output of the Quantum Board
The TS1000 has a power draw of 2.551A/110v, 1.316/330v. The output is 2.1 – 2.35 umol/J.
The Mars Hydro TS2000 has a power draw of 2.550A/110v, 1.311/220v. The output is 2.1 – 2.35 umol/J.
Design of the Mars Hydro TS Series
The TS Series uses just 310 watts and comes with epistat diodes that help to keep the costs down. The Meanwell driver is dimmable and it can be removed from the unit.
The lights come with New SMO LED’s to ensure a higher light output and a longer lifespan. The lights also have a reflector cup design which helps to ensure full coverage.
In terms of coverage, you can expect to see up to 3ft × 3ft (90 cm × 90 cm) on the TS 1000. Furthermore, the TS 2000 has 4ft × 4ft (122 cm × 122 cm) in coverage. You will have something of a square or a rectangular coverage area depending on the model you choose.
Maximum Yields & PPE
The maximum yield of the TS Series us max yield is 2.5g/w. This ultimately means that you could grow even more with these lights. When it comes to the PPE it’s 2.2 umol/j, which means the lights are nothing short of efficient.
Specifications of the Mars Hydro TS Series
- PPE: 2.2umol/j;
- Noise Level: 0 DB;
- Average growing result: 2.5g/w;
- LED Type: Newest Epistar SMD Chips;
- Input Voltage: 85V-265V(AC);
- Frequency Range: 50~60Hz;
- Life Rating: 50000-100000hrs;
- Full Spectrum: 420-470nm, 660-665nm, 3200-4200Knm, 5200-6800Knm;
- Wattage adjustable driver.
- Great spectrums for every stage of growth ensuring your plants are cared for at every stage.
- The lights are more powerful than the SP series of lights.
- They are noticeably different from the SP series of lights, which some may appreciate.
- They are square, which makes them ideal for use in your growing area or a tent.
- The lights are quite large which allows you to have even coverage.
- The New SMO LED’s ensure a higher light output and a longer lifespan.
- LED diodes have IR.
- There’s a reflector cup design, which helps to ensure full coverage.
- There’s no fan, which means there’s also no noise.
- The names TS 1000 and TS 2000 may lead some buyers to believe the wattage is 1000 and 2000 respectively.
- There are no UV diodes, although this makes no difference to the yields.
- They are more expensive than other lights made by Mars Hydro.
- The lights get very hot. So hot, you can’t touch it after several hours of operation in summer.
The Mars Hydro TS Series is one of the best series on the market right now. They may well be the best lights that Mars Hydro has made and by a long shot. While these lights are slightly more expensive than many other Mars lights, they are worth it.
The lights have an impressive spectrum and they’re almost guaranteed to last much longer. So, couple this with the fact that they have no fan and you can enjoy noiseless growing.
This is a fantastic series of lights that any serious grower needs to consider. You may have to change your set-up depending on whether you currently have square or rectangular lights it’s a small price to pay.
At the end of the day, the Mars Hydro TS Series is a high-quality series. Ultimately, it has the potential to make growing a variety of plants a real pleasure.